What is PyTexas?¶
PyTexas is the annual, regional gathering for the Python community in Texas. PyTexas is organized and run by community volunteers. PyTexas, like most of the Python community, is focused on providing a diverse and enjoyable experience for everyone interested in Python. Please help us do that by following the code of conduct.
PyTexas is organized and run by volunteers from the Python community. We generally assign tasks beginning the Thursday night before the conference and going through the conclusion of the conference on Sunday. If you would like to help, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. We'll contact you as conference time approaches.
Please feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.
You may also reach the larger Texas Python community by joining the mailing list, which is used for general community discussions. Python-oriented job postings are also welcome on the list.
About This Site¶
This site acts as the primary public facing website to the PyTexas Conference. It is built using Python and Mkdocs Material.
Code of Conduct¶
PyTexas is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for PyTexas.
You are subject to our full Code of Conducts, both our Community Code of Conduct and our Physical Spaces Code of Conduct. You can find those below:
If you believe an individual has violated this Code of Conduct, please contact us via any of the methods below:
- Call or text: 512-387-0297
Note: Calls and texts are anonymized.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful conference environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. PyTexas and its organizers support and endorse the Python Software Foundation's diversity statement:
"The Python Software Foundation and the global Python community welcome and encourage participation by everyone. Our community is based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement, and we are working to help each other live up to these principles. We want our community to be more diverse: whoever you are, and whatever your background, we welcome you."
We're actively seeking to increase the diversity of our attendees, speakers, and sponsors through our calls for proposals, other open submission processes, and through dialogue with the larger communities we serve.
Here are some ways you can help us build a more diverse conference experience:
- Recommend appropriate speakers and/or program committee members to the conference organizers
- Forward our call for proposals to relevant affinity groups with the message that we are looking for a diverse speaker roster
- Suggest to potential speakers that they submit a proposal during our Call for Proposals conference phase
- Organize community-based public speaking trainings and practice events (Ignite is one popular format)
- Suggest ways that the onsite conference experience can be more welcoming and supportive, free from intimidation and marginalization (send an email to PyTexas organizers)
- Share your ideas and best practices for how we can realize our vision (send an email to PyTexas organizers)
- We value diversity in the communities we bring together, and we welcome your contributions to bringing balanced representation of the richness of our collective human experience. Help us do this by following our code of conduct.
Credit for the original version of this document goes to O'Reilly Media
What information do we collect?¶
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or respond to a survey.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?¶
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email that is not transaction specific.
How do we protect your information?¶
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer ( SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?¶
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links¶
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance¶
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 2012/07/03